- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Gallatin Field (KBZN)
- Government & Legal
- Regulations (CFRs)
- Cross Country Flying
- Knowledge Tests
- Must Know
- Just For Fun
- Flight Instruction Profession
- General Aviation
- Business Aviation
- Risk Management / ADM / SA
- Training, General
- Safety & Survival
61 users online | 61 Guests and 0 Registered
- What is FAA's definition of "known icing?" (41260 views)
- Private Pilot Airplane Training & Cost Calculator (37525 views)
- What advice have you for a pilot who's told ... (37174 views)
- How Do You Know If You Are A Commercial ... (36593 views)
- Instructor Rate Sheet 2016 (36519 views)
- Is it proper to question my CFI? (35182 views)
- How important is "airmanship" with modern aircraft? (33622 views)
- What treacherous conditions are associated with mountain weather? (33065 views)
- IFR departures (32007 views)
- What is Stick-and-Rudder Flying? by Rod Machado (31830 views)
- An overview of the 3P and PAVE model
For an overview of the 3P (perceive, process, perform) and PAVE (pilot, aircraft, environment, external pressures) situational awareness decision making models, see the great article ...
- Are stick-and-rudder skills relevant?
YES! And Rod Machado explains why in the attached article. From: "License to Learn: In defense of stick-and-rudder training" by Rod Machado AOPA Pilot April 2012, page 36 ...
- At untowered airports I hear, "Traffic in the area, please advise," Is this correct procedure?
Good question, and no. In fact, AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) specifically states this "should not be used under any condition." See the great article by Frank ...
- Any tips for new and aspiring flight instructors?
For some tips for new flight instructors see the great article by Ralph Butcher attached at the end of this FAQ. From: "The best pilots: New instructors ...
- ADS-B and portable avionics, by Bill Gunn
Are you up to speed with the changes taking place with ATC? ADS-B is coming on-line and a variety of electronic devices are available to ...